Friday, August 9, 2013

My Favorite Book


My favorite book is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It is my favorite book because it is written in a way that makes one feel the mortification the women in the story are put through. In A Thousand Splendid Suns several forms of relationships are seen. A father daughter relationship, a relationship between two wives, and a husband wife relationship. The two women of the story subterfuge to escape their husband. It also shows an insight of the arcane lifestyle of some Muslim families. A Thousand Splendid Suns is fictional, but it is based on several real Muslim traditions. Such as arranged marriages and women wearing a burqa when in public. It is captivating to read about arcane lifestyles and to see many different forms of relationships. In A Thousand Splendid Suns the readers are taken through heart break after heart break, making the book impossible to put down. It is a saddening story, but it opens the readers' eyes to what a woman's life could be like. I would recommend A Thousand Splendid Suns to those who have read The Kite Runner. Khaled Hosseini wrote both books in a similar style. If the reader enjoyed The Kite Runner they are likely to enjoy A Thousand Splendid Suns.

4 comments:

  1. A Thousand Splendid Suns is truly a heart breaking book. It is one of my favorites to. It becomes better and better and by better I mean worse. Knowing how much the women in that book struggled every day is brutal and horrific. Your description is on point. It is an emotional and terrific novel and I see why it is your favorite. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description makes me want to stop off at Barnes and Noble to purchase A Thousand Splendid Suns. It sounds like an incredibly compelling and fascinating novel. Since I have read The Kite Runner, I must enjoy reading A Thousand Splendid Suns. I understand why this book is your favorite book. Terrific work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you present A Thousand Splendid Suns is effective in the sense that you did not give away too much about the book, making one have to read it to find out more. Making the reference to The Kite Runner, which most of us have read, gave the book some more credibility, which was a terrific idea. The background information about the conditions of those times also furthers my interest in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me start off by saying great job! Your description was incredibly intriguing and left me wanting more. Because of the way that you presented the novel, I will most definitely be reading it. I admire how you implemented the vocabulary words throughout the enirety of your post. The Kite Runner is one of my favorite books and now i know that I need to get my hands around A Thousand Splendid Suns. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete