Sunday, February 23, 2014

Disconnect from Internet, Connect with Nature

In this day and age everyone has a phone, computer, tv, and/or other electronics. These electronics take over our lives and often cause us anxiety and stress. I will admit the internet causes me anxiety because I often find myself worrying about what is going on in my fandom that I am missing when I do not check twitter. I also find myself bored when my phone or iPad are not with me. Stepping outside with no electronics with me is something I have not done before, when I hang out in my yard I always have my phone or iPad with me. The little while I sat outside was actually quite relaxing. I went out at around noon, sat on the steps of my porch and looked out into my yard. It was a beautiful Sunday in LA. It was fairly warm out with a breeze. My yard was quiet, with the exception of the chirping birds and the humming of the cars in the distance. The trees were blowing lightly to the breeze. A few times birds flew down just low enough to skim the water of the pool. I decided to go dip my feet in the pool, the cold was felt nice against the warm weather of LA. I run my hands over the rough tile that outlines the pool, taking in the relaxing moment. To be honest, nothing that deep and philosophical came to mind as I thought. I did not think "what is the meaning of life?", "is there really an after life?", "how exactly did this world come together?". I tried to think about those things, but my mind would wonder elsewhere. I thought about the upcoming week, all I need to get done before Armenia and the bipolar weather in LA. I suppose the closest I came to thinking deeply was when I wondered why people do not leave all electronics behind and go out more often. I sat out for about twenty minutes and I decided I will do this more often. Disconnect from the internet for a while and just relax outside, maybe read a book or even study. Most of the time the weather in LA is perfect to be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment