Saturday, March 29, 2014

What Will Go And What Will Stay?

Every person has a few things in life that they could easily get rid of; however, they often struggle deciding exactly which items can go. Some do not need a phone, others do not need a computer, a few may not need lots of clothes, but many need all of it. Most think all their possessions  are too important to let go of. I am one of the people that have a hard time deciding what goes. I think the item I can most easily give up is my TV. I mostly use it for background sound because I usually do not like sitting in a quiet room. But that sound can be replaced by another device, such as a computer. A year ago I would have been able to give up my computer as well, but since this school year I have needed it more than any item I own. It is now an item I can not live without because of the amount I use it. Another device I can let go of is my iPad. I use it a lot for reading and as a pass time, but I could use my computer in place of it. The cell phone is something I would not give up because that is my only means of quick communication with friends and family. If it really comes down to it I could get rid of more, but it would be hard to get used to a life without certain items. When an item becomes a regular part of one's life it becomes hard to let go of, even if it is not necessarily a needed possession. In order to give up items, one has to be willing to adjust to a life without it. Most are not willing to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment